Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lu

Mary Lu Everett - will you marry me?

Heh heh, I guess, Lu and I still wish that the other was male so we could marry each other. I will always think that we were meant to be together more than we are and that something is very very wrong with the world.

[Sorry, but I think I'm gonna babble on this one]

Lu is that friend that I will always long for from time to time. She's the one that I can feel in the pit of my stomach - that missing place. That warmth, that joy, that solid strength that I miss in her literally hurts. I remember thinking that I finally got what it was to "adore" a friend. I just adore her - and I don't mean that in the flippant way we usually mean it when we say it.

I just connected with her in a way that I never had connected with anyone before and I never have since. There was this understanding between she and I that seemed to be on a near-blood level. It's like she instinctively became my friend. She's just irresistable!

I always trust her to genuinely like me (even when she doesn't) and she will be honest with me to a fault. She's just so solid... she should be taller. Her strength is immovable. The confirmation in her convictions is intimidating, and she KNOWS her Bible, man!

You taught me about prayer warring. Thank you.

And did you guys know that God made the stars just for her? I cannot look up at a clear sky at night without thinking of you, Lu.

I miss you, Lu, and I hope and pray that everything is wonderful where you are (Tennessee?). I hope you're still inspiring and pushing and teaching people around you. I'm sure you are.

Love you,
C

3 comments:

Wendy Lou said...

Okay you have me laughing and crying on this one Conna! Lu is that special solid warrior... friend.

Thank you for honoring her and that today... wow..

Wow

Lu said...

YESyesyesyesyesyesyeeeeessssss!!!

:)

Although, you probably need to know I rather suck as a friend. Wendy called me about this post Saturday morning, and I was sooooooo overwhelmed by your kindness and your love and grace that I couldn't find a single word to say or post. So I avoided the internet the rest of the weekend... hoping that inspiration would hit me, finally, at some point and I'd come up with some wonderful words to express the depth of my love and gratitude for you.

Alas, it didn't, and I didn't.

I feel completely undeserving of such high honor and praise. Particularly so, in light of the last couple of years.

I am so very, very blessed to have you in my life! Thank you for being my friend and loving me even though I'm... well, me...

...and I'm NOT little.

Lulu-the-big
8-)

Wendy Lou said...

Sorry Little LuLu... I actually was going to say you would think you would be taller too! :0

I actually felt exactly the SAME way 'bout you and Conna... I am speechless... :)