Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Little Faeries


Faeron and I went to the Midsummer Night's Faerie Ball at the Paseo District. It was the best thing she and I have done together, thus far.

Dressing my daughter (sometimes feels like "mini-me") in a faerie costume was enchanting enough, but then taking her to play and dance to celtic music with other little faeries... and watching a dance company perform as faeries... well, it was almost too much. The perfect combination of outdoor play and sparkly stuff was upon us!

I was impressed that Faeron didn't actually explode from the excitement. She chose a flower and had it quickly made into a faerie crown, and she immediately asked me if she could play in the grass. After watching Faeron run back and forth on the lawn for a few minutes, two other little faeries decided she looked like she'd be fun to chase.


Within minutes, there were fifty little faeries "frolicking" and chasing one another and playing ring-around-the-rosie. And I found that I was a little kid again just watching them. I could feel my little body and even smell memories came back, all in that one instant while my daughter was having the time of her life.

0 comments: