Thursday, June 17, 2004

A Mutated Strain of Patriotism

I've been griping about the disease of patriotism that grips many of "my fellow 'mercins" for months now. I've seen so many of my friends and family members blinded by a loyalty to country that seems almost religious...

...and now I have it.

Watching the O'Reilly Factor the other night (don't jump to any conclusions, I can't stand Bill O'Reilly), something he sniped got through to me. He said that the attitude that America is the bad guy in Iraq is just wrong. He reminded me that the war against terror is a necessity (whether we have gone about it correctly or not), and he had a strong argument for our good intentions.

I notice, over the past few days since Ronald Reagan's death, a new optimistic patriotism in our country. Is this just me? Watching the new terrorist activity from the insurgency that is being committed against Iraqis, I'm wondering who to believe. Just a short time ago the insurgency WAS Iraq.

Thugs and gangsters are thugs and gangsters, no matter what they stand for, who they claim to represent or what you call them. We are not at war with a country. That is confusing. But whether or not we have begun this correctly, I feel suddenly certain that, once again, this country will lead us into a better future.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ve visited a great number of sites, which I want to close, just having opened them! On your site I have spent all my free time, and even not having noticed this. Thank you, guys!
- conanthebarbie.blogspot.com a
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma